Wednesday 2 September 2015

West Stockwith Basin (2) and Aegir



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 1434 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1987.5 miles

Well we did get to see today’s Aegir, even for a comparatively little one it was quite impressive, I don’t think I’d like to get caught on the Trent on a narrow-boat when one of these little fellows comes by. 

Made an attempt to fix the ventilator mushroom but was stopped when the rain come on, it wasn’t particularly successful the bit I did try to do and I suspect that the solution is going to involve drilling 4 new holes and re-screwing the whole thing. 

We have booked our passage through tomorrow’s lock to get on down to Torksey, from the info of the lock keeper we should be leaving at about 10.30am, we’ll even get the chance to watch another even smaller Aegir come through tomorrow morning which should be the last one until 28th September, by which time we should be well out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment