Tuesday 22 September 2015

Beeston



Here I am Rune
Distance 3.2 miles
Total 1446 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2072.4miles 

A couple of days of swanning around in Nottingham before my parcel eventually arrives this morning. Following a complaint to Amazon they are refunding my ‘next-day delivery’ charge, which is good of them since the parcel has taken five days from despatch to delivery. The parcel concernis a new battery for the computer since a warning came up on the computer to tell me that the old battery was almost knackered. There were a variety of options of battery available from £10 to the one I bought at £49, having read the revues of the lower priced one’s it seemed to me to be a better idea to go for the original Acer replacement and on first impressions it seems it may have been the right choice. The old battery would run for about 1 ½ hours before expiring whereas with this new one I’ve already used it for about 2 hours and gauge still says it has 50% or 2 hours and 27 minutes left in it. I hope I’m not praising it too early.

Today’s trip, since the battery didn’t arrive until after midday, has only taken us as far as Beeston Lock but that is OK since there is an Elsan point and shower here that I have  made use of. Tomorrow, weather permitting it will be back out onto the River Trent for the last bit of this section down to its junction with the River Soar, the plan then being to head down towards Leicester  

No comments:

Post a Comment