Thursday 24 September 2015

Loughborough



Here I am Rune
Distance 3.7 miles
Total 1456 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2087 miles 

We have now reached Loughborough and although I tried mooring in the basin there was no space available so we have come back about 400 yards along the canal into what seems an even better mooring location. We took a look around the town and crew had a look in the local Churchyard where some ancestors are buried but didn’t find the relevant graves. If we stay here for a couple of days I may have a look and see if the bed and breakfast place that I stopped at when cycling through here 14 years ago is still in existence (if I can remember where it is!).

Since I don’t really want to moor in Leicester city centre on Friday/Saturday night we will probably leave it until Sunday before we head down to Leicester but there is no real rush, the Soar is a

No comments:

Post a Comment