Saturday 19 September 2015

Nottingham (3)



Here I am Rune
Distance 2.1 miles
Total 1446 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2069.2miles 

Since we didn’t move again yesterday I didn’t put any update on the blog, partly because I was exploring Nottingham once more and partly because in the evening it was essential for me to watch the opening match of the Rugby World Cup, nervously watching England overcome Fiji!

The roam around Nottingham involved a session at the National Ice Centre so I can now say that I’ve skated at Ice Centre where Torvill and Dean learnt their skill, not quite as good however (but getting there!!).  I only had about half an hour on the ice and was a bit rusty to start with but was becoming a bit more fluent towards the end, and most importantly didn’t fall down onto the ice.

We are now moored at the other end of Nottingham outside of the local Sainsbury’s superstore alongside a large retail park. We’ll need to remain here until my parcel arrives, which Amazon has promised by Tuesday, despite me paying for next day delivery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment