Wednesday 16 September 2015

Nottingham



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.3 miles
Total 1444 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2067.1miles 

It looks as though I can put my Marine Radio away now for a while, this last section of river is the last bit with manned locks contactable by radio. We have been a bit spoilt now for a while being able to just call up the next lock with a quick,”Excuse me old chap would you mind awfully getting the lock ready for me”. We are now going to have to get our own windlasses out and doing them ourselves.
Trent Bridge

We have made it Nottingham and moored within hailing distance of Trent Bridge Cricket Ground, Nottingham Forest Football Club and Nottingham County Football Club, unfortunately the twon centre itself is over a mile away. I can’t remember the exact year I was last in Nottingham but it was certainly on one of the OU Summer Schools I attended here, so it isn’t as long ago as my last visit to Newark. We haven’t yet decided how long we’ll be here for but it will certainly be until at least Friday since I’ve got a Blood donor session on Thursday at 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment