Wednesday 30 September 2015

Kilby Bridge



Here I am Rune
Distance 8.1 miles
Total 1479 Locks 72 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2110.7 miles 

Whilst I’m not generally a fan of Autumn since everything is dying off I have to say that when travelling in this sort of weather I can begin to see why people enthuse about it. Autumn to me means rain and wind but at the moment we seem to be having a proper ‘Indian Summer’ with some of the best weather we’ve had all year.
We achieved our goal of getting to Kilby Bridge today although it was 12 locks and 8 miles, so 20 ‘lock miles’, a bit more than our general ‘potter along’ sort of day. 

We were joined for some of the way by a couple of blokes who had hired their boat from Pilings Lock marina so we shared half a dozen or so locks but then they decided that they’d probably come far enough and turned around. Everything today seemed to go pretty well, not particular dramas and when we got to Kilby Bridge the 48 hour mooring area was empty. We decided to top up with water and empty the elsan before mooring and by that time two other boats had arrived.

I think we may possibly be here until about Friday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment