Another change of plan brought on by the weather, the forecast for today was better than the forecast for tomorrow so we’ve headed into Stourport today. The wind picked up as we made our way and there was a heavy burst of rain just before we got to Stourport but otherwise it went reasonably well. We are currently moored on the outskirts of town but will probably move closer to the centre either tomorrow or Friday and stay here probably until Monday.
Once again, only a short cruise today to get us to within a day’s cruise of Stourport which will probably be on Thursday. The rain that was supposed to come in just after lunch, put in an early appearance and started almost as soon as I cast off this morning at about 9.50am so most of the trip was in rain or drizzle. The full rainshower started however after we had stopped both for lunch and at the end of the day’s cruise so we could sit in comfort (and warm) watching it out of the windows. It was also a lot colder today than I believe the forecasters had promised so I was glad when we moored up for the night. With more rain forecast for tomorrow, we’ll stay here an extra day.
A short cruise today but we had some domestic stuff to attend to which took a bit of time. Probably should have gone on a bit further since the weather forecast for the next couple of days isn’t that good. I can see us cruising down to Wolverley and then mooring up there about lunchtime as rain is due to move in tomorrow afternoon and continue throughout Wednesday. If that turns out to be the case we’ll hang on and travel into Stourport on Thursday.