Wednesday 5 November 2014

Hack Green Nuclear Bunker



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 709 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1083.9 miles

As planned we made the visit to Hack Green Bunker today, and an interesting experience it was. The thing that did quite surprise me was, given that it is designed to protect Government in case of nuclear attack, just how much of it is above ground. I was also surprised to see just how much was spent on it in the 1980’s creating the structure and equipment (about £32 million pounds I believe). The whole place had the feel of the film Dr No, in fact one of the rooms I photographed looked as though it had been used in the film. It certainly seems fascinating just how much planning goes into such insanity!

The room from Dr No!!

Would probably have been arrested for taking this photo 30 years ago

Not very secret really is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment