Sunday 16 November 2014

Gnossal



Here I am Rune
Distance 2.4 miles
Total 734 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1106 miles

As planned we have reached Gnossal and had a very pleasant Sunday Lunch at The Boat Inn. Took the pub recommendation from a guy I was chatting to back at Norbury Junction who recommended The Boat over The Navigation, I wouldn’t like to comment since I’ve only eaten at one of them, but the food was good.
Did a bit of running repair on the boat since, for some reason were have been using antifreeze from the cooling system, I’ve been topping up every two or three days. Not quite sure why but we had the same situation last winter and yet we use no coolant at all during the summer. Have now connected up a container to the overflow pipe so as we use it I can then just recycle it and put it back into the system.
Tomorrow on towards Wheaton Aston and the last lock of any significance on the Shroppie (the stop-lock at Autherley junction isn’t worth worrying about).

No comments:

Post a Comment