Wednesday 1 June 2022

Curborough

Here I am Rune

Distance 6.5 miles 

Total 4637 Locks  313 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,787 miles

As planned, we stayed at Rugeley until today, having eventually managed to collect my parcel yesterday. It was a NHS Bowel Cancer testing kit and the sample was duly taken today and forwarded for testing.

A problem when we came to set off was that the domestic alternator light remained lit after the engine fired up, which usually means that the alternator is on it’s way out (it’s only 2 years old). I got my tools out, overalls on ready to re-wire the batteries to all charge off the engine alternator but thought before starting work on it, just to check that it still wasn’t working. I fired the engine up, all lights went out and the batteries were charging again. I am still expecting the problem to recur, although over a 4 day bank holiday probably isn’t the best time to be trying to look far a replacement alternator.

We ran from about 11.30am until 2.30 pm, so about 3 hours, and there was no further sign of the warning light coming on again, we’ll see what happens tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment