Wednesday 15 June 2022

Beeston

 

Here I am Rune

Distance 5.2 miles 

Total 4678 Locks  313 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,836.2 miles

We got to the intended destination, Beeston, and since a mooring was available, stopped here for the day. I have to say that in weather conditions such as today, the River Trent is a beautiful river to travel along. The group of 4 boats who were wainting for us to move off the Trent Lock visitor moorings, pounced as soon as we left, I got the impression they may be there for a while.

 

I took the opportunity whilst here in Beeston to hop on a bus into Nottingham to pick up a collection from Marks and Spencer although we will be going into the city tomorrow. My thinking was that if we urgently needed a mooring to pick up the package, sod’s law would say that they’ll all be full, now it makes no difference one way or the other, hopefully one will be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment