Friday 18 October 2019

Hatton


Here I am Rune
Distance 2.6 miles
Total 3930 Locks  241 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5737.5 miles

A bit of a mixed bag on the weather front, the forecast had changed by the time I read it this morning to a clear morning with showers coming in later. We had a few showers on the way up the Hatton Flight but of course the worst of the showers came as I managed to wrap the centre mooring line around the propeller as we were about 4 locks from the top. I’ve picked up one or two bits of rope around the prop on our travels, but this was the first time I’d got it properly jammed such that the propeller itself wouldn’t move. With a sharp knife, junior hacksaw and woodcutting saw I eventually managed to free the prop after the best part of an hour. The rope itself has been trashed so I’ll have to look out to get another piece but it doesn’t seem to have damaged the drive plate, which was my principal concern.

I think we’ll probably have a shortish day tomorrow, just as far as Kingswood Junction where I can make use of the CRT shower block, then up the Lapworth flight on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment