Thursday 10 October 2019

Claydon


Here I am Rune
Distance 7.8 miles
Total 3870 Locks  241 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5694.4 miles

We got slightly further than I’d hoped yesterday and are more of less at the bottom of the Claydon Flight (5 locks). Once we’ve gone through them we are at the summit of the South Oxford canal and stay there until we start to descend again at Marston Doles.

The trip today was OK, weather fine, not too many boats on the move and we got through the locks without any real dramas. I had hoped to get some diesel from ‘Dusty’ the coal boat, but they only had enough for their regular customers. It isn’t a problem since I rarely, if ever, let the diesel go down to a level where I’m desperate to get some, I’ll either put another 50 litres in at Fenny Compton marina, Napton Marina or Calcutt marina, we still have about 50 litres in the tank, which, allowing for a minimum in the tank of 15 litres, is still enough to power us for nearly 9 days.

Tomorrow I’d be looking at hopefully getting to Fenny Compton, or beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment