Sunday 5 October 2014

Beeston Castle



Here I am Rune
Distance 1.5 miles
Total 681 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1028.8 miles

Another pretty laid back day with just 1.5 miles under our belt (oh and 3 locks!) but then I was just looking for somewhere with an internet signal so that I could watch the Formula 1 (bit of a sad finish to the race). Since we are moored below Beeston Castle (and the weather forecast for tomorrow looks rubbish) we may remain here for a couple of days before pressing on towards Chester. I’d like to take a walk up to Beeston Castle as it looks fairly high so should give a good panorama of the surrounding area but I think I’ll wait for the forecasted rain to stop.

At least with an internet signal it was possible to catch up on gossip with our daughter on Skype since over the last few days we’ve had no phone signal and little internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment