Wednesday 15 October 2014

Back to Chester



Here I am Rune
Distance 4 miles
Total 693 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1056.0 miles


Now back in Chester and, no the weather hasn’t improved, sitting here typing this out listening to the rain drumming on the roof. Have to say that this isn’t my favourite time of year, weather a bit dubious, nights drawing in and getting colder. Think I tend to prefer the other side of Christmas when you are into the New Year, nights are drawing out again and although it can be even colder things are getting better as the days pass by, during Autumn things tend to get worse as the days pass by.

At the moment I think Chester is becoming like Bath from last autumn, the default position for our moorings. During our stay on the Kennet and Avon last winter I think we eventually stayed in Bath for a total period of 3 weeks broken up into 3 day stints. By the time we leave Chester next week we’ll have already spent 8 days here and we are only halfway through Autumn. Still a few bits for us to visit here tomorrow, and over the weekend.

I think that this rather eventless post marks my 200th post on the blog, so minor celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment