Tuesday 7 October 2014

Christleton



Here I am Rune
Distance 7.7 miles
Total 681 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1036.5 miles

Having taken yesterday off to avoid the rain we gaily set off this morning to a dry start but the rain came in at about midday. Since there was no-where to moor and we were slowly passing a line of private moorings that seemed to go on forever, by the time we had passed them I felt I might as well continue since I was as wet as I was going to get. Haven’t quite made it into Chester, stopping short at the ‘suburb’ of Christleton. Other than the weather this North Shropshire Canal is very pleasant and quite isolated, we only passed a couple of boat before stopping for lunch (Sod’s law strikes again in that we met on a blind corner under a bridge!).

A very easy day into Chester tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment