Tuesday 21 October 2014

Chester (last day)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 696 Locks 26 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1062.8 miles

As expected, today was just a case of hunker down and wait for the storm to blow over. The rain was mainly in the morning but the wind has been pretty strong all day and I certainly wouldn’t fancy trying to navigate a narrow boat in it unless I absolutely had to. Saw two boats moving today, one this morning came past heading towards the staircase locks and another arrived about lunchtime to moor up behind the boat behind us. They did seem to be having some difficulty in mooring in the wind and normally I would have gone out to help, but it was also raining very heavily at the time and by the time I would have got my wet gear on they would either have moored or got themselves stuck across the canal, as it turned out they managed to get themselves moored.
Tomorrow we will need to press on a bit to get to the mooring outside of Tattenhall Marina which is our target for the day to make up for today’s lack of movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment