Sunday 4 September 2022

North Kilworth

Here I am Rune

Distance 7.1 miles

Total 4751 Locks  313 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,075.2 miles

And, as planned, we have gone as far as Kilworth for today. I would guess we are marginally closer to North Kilworth than South Kilworth, the nearest recognisable point on the canal is the junction with the Welford Arm which is about 200 mtres ahead of us. Not a lot of boats on the move today, but as one might expect one of the few that we did meet was in the middle of Husband’s Bosworth tunnel. It is plenty wide enough to pass though the only issue I have is the increasing popularity of the LED headlights, which obviously gives good visibility to the helm of the boat but, because it is an unfocussed beam, it tends to dazzle oncoming boats (as the one in the tunnel was doing to me).

Tomorrow we’ll press on further toward Watford Locks but I think it’ll be Tuesday before we go down them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment