Tuesday 6 September 2022

Welton

Here I am Rune

Distance 4.2 miles

Total 4758 Locks  314 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,089.9 miles

Spent the time at Crick tightening the stern gland which seems to persistently, despite my best efforts. Having passed through Crick tunnel and the Watford Flights I’ve re-checked it and still it insists upon dripping. Not in a ‘boat sinking’ level of drip, more just and irritating level. When we get back to Hawne Basin I’ll have to investigate it further to try to find out why.

The passage through Watford Locks was quite busy with 4 boats coming up as we were going down so we had a bit of a wait, gainfully employed emptying the Elsan anf filling the water tank.

Tomorrow I think we might just take a short trip to this side of Braunston tunnel where there are mooring quite close to Daventry, where I need to visit the Alternator suppliers.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment