Saturday 10 September 2022

Flecknoe

Here I am Rune

Distance 2.4 miles

Total 4764 Locks  315 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,097.5 miles

Once again a fairly short hop along here to Flecknoe having eventually managed to fill the water tank, empty the Elsan and buy some essentials from Midland Chandlers. I say eventually because when I first got the the sanitary station by Midland Chandlers, there was a boat moored there. Not a problem I thought, I’ll just wait until he’s done. Having stood like a lemon for about a quarter of an hour waiting for something to happen (there was no sign of the boat either filling with water, dumping rubbish or emptying the Elsan (or even in the chandlers) a nearby moorer asked me if I was waiting for the boat to move. I, of course, replied,”Yes” to then be told “Oh, he’s moored, he’s been there since yesterday afternoon”. To describe myself as livid probably understates my annoyance. Most of the moorings in Braunston were at that time empty as the overnighters (including me) had moved on, so I don’t care what rubbish excuse this muppet might have, there was no reason, on a busy Saturday morning, to leave his fecking boat on the waterpoint/Elsan/rubbish disposal point!!!!

I eventually managed to fit on the remaining mooring with a big overhang and only partly moored up and did the necessary, including the visit to the chandlers. By now a queue was forming of people wanting for the services, I was sorely tempted to just cast his boat adrift! When we had eventually finished I told the crew (loudly) not to bother fending off on that boat as we reversed out, but as it happens the boat reversed perfectly without touching it (shame).

I try not to get wound up by stuff, but that level of ignorance really gets my goat, rant over.

We’ll stay here until tomorrow and then continue up the Grand Union.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment