Friday 17 April 2015

Stone



Here I am Rune
Distance 7.4 miles
Total 1061 Locks 58 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1444.2miles

So, after a chilly day’s cruise we are back to Stone in Staffs. We were last here on 26th August last year and I thought I had a good memory of it, sadly mistaken. To begin with we have moored on the 5 day moorings on the approach to the town, I believed that we had moored further along however having checked the blog we are about a boat length from where we moored last time, a sort of recurrence of our visit to Fradley Bridge where I didn’t recognise the mooring then found we’d moored pretty much in the exact same place as on the previous visit.

The follow on at Stone was the fact that I thought I could fully recall the layout of the town centre, once we got there I did recognise it all but the place that I was visualising prior to arrival is clearly a completely different town. This I suppose is the result of all of the places we have so far visited, they start to all look a bit similar (partly because wherever you go inevitably all have the same shops).

Think we will probably stay here until Sunday then move on towards Wedgewood to have a look around the museum there.

No comments:

Post a Comment