Saturday 18 April 2015

Stone (1)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 1061 Locks 58 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1444.2miles

As related yesterday, today has been another ‘standstill’ day but at the moment I’m not sure whether we’re moving on tomorrow (Sunday) or on Monday, I suppose I’ll have to see what the forecast is for the weather. Since we’ve had a non-moving day, blessed with a nice bit of sunshine I’ve taken advantage of this to carry on with the job of painting the gunnels of the boat (or more precisely to complete the job I started last year). Working on the tow-path in a town where there are quite a lot of people walking past does slow you down a bit since everyone passes a greeting and several want to stop to chat. The one who got a little bit of a shock however was a little lad (about 3) walking with his father who was explaining to him what I was doing. This still led to the inevitable question that you’ll always get from a 3 year old “What you doing?” but the follow on however was he seemed to think it was a good idea to lean against the boat to look in through the porthole. Now today has been quite sunny and the one thing with a steel narrow boat (painted in dark colours) is that it will warm up quite a bit so as the little lad leant on the boat he jumped back whilst saying “Hot!!” I don’t think he will be doing that again in a hurry, probably for the best.

If we don’t move on tomorrow I think that there is more painting for me to do, if we do it will be to get to Wedgwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment