Tuesday 24 March 2015

Radford Semele



Here I am Rune
Distance 3.6 miles
Total 931 Locks 56 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1331.7miles

A bit of a strange day on the weather front as we started out from Leamington Spa in bright sunshine (even had a hat on to keep the sun out of my eyes) and yet before we had moored for the day here at Wood Lock (nearest town is Radford Semele about a mile and a half away) we had been through rain, sun, hail and what briefly looked suspiciously like snow! Have found what seems to be a better way of going up in these broad locks by tying off the bow rope as well as the centre rope. It takes a bit more faffing around but if you don’t the boat tends to get swept all over the lock, often bumping the lockside quite hard knocking stuff over inside the boat.
Not exactly an onerous day of 3.6 miles and 4 locks but then we didn’t start off until nearly midday. Added to that I have also ‘twinged’ my back winding a paddle yesterday so we may go a little slower. Fortunately whatever I have done to my back seems to be improved by exercising it so after the first lock today things got easier. On present progress I would hope to be in Braunston by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment