Friday 13 March 2015

Bourneville



Here I am Rune
Distance 4.3 miles
Total 887 Locks 52 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1303.2miles

It feels great to be actually on the move again, that is on the proper move not just touring the BCN. It may have only been just over 4 miles out here to the Cadbury Factory at Bournville but it is the first time since we were at Stourbridge when we have experienced a new bit of canal. Will probably remain here until Sunday to enable us to take a trip to Cadbury World to see how their chocolate is made. Personally I’d like to know what the ingredient is that they put in that gives me a terrible headache! It will be a slightly strange visit since I will have to forbid myself from taking any opportunity to try the product since Cadbury’s chocolate just gives me a headache.

The trip out of Brum was quite pleasant passing the University in a wooded area, although with the railway line directly alongside the canal (where it will remain until we turn off at Kings Norton onto the Stratford on Avon Canal). I’m glad that we decided to wait until the canal re-opened at Gas Street rather than going out of Brum down through Farmers locks and Ashted Locks which is a lot more industrial.

No comments:

Post a Comment