Friday 27 March 2015

Braunston (1)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 950 Locks 56 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1344 miles

We may not have travelled anywhere today (other than across the canal to the marine engineer) but I would describe it as a very successful day. We now have the Eberspacher central heating restored so we have both solid fuel heating and diesel heating available again. It may have cost £50 but I look on it as an instruction course in how Eberspacher systems work. I now know how to bleed them when they become airlocked and am aware of keeping the header tank full with antifreeze solution. I also had brief instruction on how to replace the immersion tank element which seems to have failed as well.
After the traditional weekend shop tomorrow we will be stocked up and ready to move on whenever we choose (which will probably be Monday). I think we will go back to Calcutt boats to take on some fuel, and possibly coal, and then we will be heading back towards Warwick and Kingswood junction. Will have to work out where we hope to be at the end of the month to travel back home to register our vote in the forthcoming election.

No comments:

Post a Comment