Monday 11 September 2023

Rugeley

Here I am Rune

Distance 5.6 miles

Total 4861 Locks  332 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,217.7 miles

So after a pleasant stay at Tixall Wide over the weekend we’ve move on to Rugeley to catch up with a bit of shopping. We’re not quite as far on as I’d hoped to be but we should be able to catch up the difference tomorrow, notwithstanding any disasters. Only instances of any note today was an assist given to a boat across the canal at Great Haywood Junction with a broken throttle cable (helped pull him onto the water point) and a very rare ‘collision’. As far as collisions go it was very gentle but as we approached a bend just before a bridge, the boat coming the other way saw us and put his boat into hard astern, which simply meant it carried on ahead and across my bows. Since, like most things narrowboaty it was all in slow motion so I put ours into hard astern and just managed to stop as the bow button nudged his boat, no real harm done.

Tomorrow, to keep up with the itinerary I’ll try to get to Hopwas, if I don’t then no real problem, but that is the ‘target’.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment