Sunday 17 September 2023

Coventry Basin

Here I am Rune

Distance 6.2 miles

Total 4877 Locks  333 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,264.3 miles

Well we made it to Coventry Basin as planned yesterday but I wasn’t able to update the blog until today because, quite surprisingly for a University town, the internet in Coventry Basin is far worse than it is at my postal address, and that is about dial up speed. Although the router showed 5 bars on the signal, to download anything you’d need a calendar to time it! After about 15 minutes I had just about brought up the front page of Google Maps. I then decided it simply wasn’t worth the effort. The trip went OK, weather was fine and we managed to pick up some of the shopping we needed at a Tescos alongside the canal, but I would have to say that for such a big store, their range was simply pathetic. It was getting to the stage of rather than ‘What do you want?’ it was becoming ‘What have you got?’.

Tomorrow we head back to civilisation (well at least beyond Hawkesbury Junction where the internet was excellent). Hoping to get at least as far as Ansty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment