Wednesday 4 November 2015

Braunston (2)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0.6 miles
Total 1520 Locks 78 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2189.9miles 

We are once again on the move, not very far though I will admit! It wasn’t entirely my fault since it took me until after lunch to sort the engine problems out and now, since we have foolishly put the clocks back, it gets dark halfway through the afternoon. After a day of worrying how I was going to resolve the alternator issue it all came together rather well (touch wood). I went to the local chandlery to get a replacement alternator but they only had two right hand models and what I wanted (as I now know) was a left hand model. The problem was resolved by a very helpful Alternator supplier in Daventry. Electrostart of Prospect Way and I must admit it was a pleasure doing business with someone who actually knew what they were talking about and upon showing him the faulty alternator knew exactly what model it was, and he was right! For a bargain price of £78 I have now managed to change the alternator, the guy in the shop said they were so cheap it almost paid to keep a spare, I pointed out that I did have a spare, unfortunately it wasn’t the one I had a spare of that broke down! The added bonus was that he changed over the pulley wheels on the alternators for free, unlike the £30 charged to me by the guy in Braunston. It’s all swings an roundabouts though since £30 was my saving by buying directly from Electrostart rather than from the chandlers!

Tomorrow we’ll stock up with coal at £9 per bag from Midland Chandlers and set off towards Leaminton Spa – Warwick as I’d like to see the Gormley Sculpture on the canal at Lowsonford before it is removed in May next year. We need to make the trip this side of Christmas because there is a closure on that section of canal after Christmas so we need to get there before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment