Friday 15 May 2015

Barnton Cut



Here I am Rune
Distance 8.2 miles
Total 1132 Locks 59 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1547.6 miles

Well at least the weather can be described as changeable. The forecast was for sun and broken cloud for the morning with it becoming overcast during the afternoon, what we actually got was sun for most of the day so I can say that I am happy with that. The progress along the Weaver Navigation remains very pleasant with quite a lot of wildlife to look out for, herons, Grebes, cormorants and a variety of ducks, swans and Canada geese. Can’t think of a better way of spending a sunny day on the river! The more I see of this Weaver Navigation the more that I like it, and we haven’t got to the more picturesque end yet.

Since we have plenty of time in hand we’ve stopped for the night about 300 yards from where we moored coming down the river 2 days ago, only this time I don’t have to knock in any mooring pins as there are bollards here. Tomorrow we’ll be, once again, passing the boat lift and stopping off at Northwich for some weekend shopping. We’ll decide how much further to go then.

Overnight mooring at Barnton Cut

No comments:

Post a Comment