Wednesday 3 August 2022

Torksey (2)

Here I am

Distance 0.5 miles Rune

Total 4695 Locks  313 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,968.9 miles

Slight change of plan, now travelling to Cromwell tomorrow instead of today. I thought it was a bit odd when booking the passage through the lock when told that low tide was at 11.30 am and they’d have me through the lock by 12. Since you cannot get over the cill here at low water I should either have gone through the lock yesterday or come down very early today. By the time we’d got through the lock it was closer to 1pm and since we have to get to Cromwell Lock before 4pm when the lockie goes home I didn’t reckon on there being much chance of doing it in 3 hours, particularly as we’d already missed out on an hour and half of the 2 hour flooding tide.

So here we are still at Torksey, but this time below the lock and ready to go when the tide is right.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment