Tuesday 9 August 2022

Gunthorpe

Here I am Rune

Distance 4.8 miles 

Total 4700 Locks  313 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,003.8 miles

Although the target for today was Stoke Lock, we finished at Gunthorpe Lock after we’d emptied the Elsans. It gives u a little more to do tomorrow to get into Nottingham, but, disasters aside, it’s not too onerous.

Today’s cruise was a simply ideal trip, almost no wind, sunny, no dramas and generally very pleasant, it’s what narrowboat cruising is all about! I hope that tomorrow will be pretty similar. The only, very small, fly in the ointment, is that I am getting a bit of a leak on the stern gland, nothing too dramatic at the moment, merely irritating. I’ve tightened it up a few times and it stops the drip for a very short while before it resumes. I’m starting to wonder whether packing within the gland is stating to perish. If it doesn’t seriously deteriorate further I’ll take it apart when we have the boat on the slipway next Spring and re-pack it.

Tomorrow’s target it to get moored in Nottingham.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment