Tuesday 14 July 2015

Sheffield City Centre (2)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0 miles
Total 1316 Locks 70 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1867.5 miles

Having now checked out Sheffield City Centre I have to say that I’m pleasantly surprised by the city. Whilst I have no wish to live in a city, Sheffield is certainly one of the better cities if you need to. The transport infrastructure is pretty good with an excellent tram system which, for a £3.90 day ticket, allowed me to roam around the city getting on and off the tram at will. It is quite surprising some of the hills that these trams go up but then I suspect that all of the wheels are driven unlike a train which would never get up these hills. There are also a lot of cycle lanes and having visited the Forge Pond sports centre the facilities are excellent with a full 50 metre swimming pool with diving area (for those brave enough). 

Heading back towards Rotherham tomorrow, again with quite an early start, although not as early as we had coming into the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment