Sunday 8 February 2015

Still Frozen in.......



Here I am Rune
Distance 0miles
Total 817 Locks 39 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1237.9miles

Took the bike out today to check out the canal as far as the junction with Dudley number 1 canal at Bumble Hole (yes, it really is called that!). It didn’t’ look too optimistic for being able to get away in the next few days, the canal is pretty much frozen all of the way. The depth of ice was such that when I lobbed a brick onto the surface of the ice it just bounced across it. I certainly wouldn’t want to be the first boat pushing through that depth of ice, unless I was travelling to get the boat re-blacked!
Making the most of staying where we are I may take the opportunity to go swimming at Halesowen Leisure Centre tomorrow depending upon what the opening hours are, haven’t been swimming for quite a while (back at Nantwich if I remember correctly).

Have to say that I am getting a bit itchy to be on the move again, we’ve been moored here since 18th January now and I’d be quite keen on a change of scenery, although if you are going to be stuck anywhere Hawne Basin is quite high on the list of desirable places.

On the way to Gorsty Tunnel............

................At Bumble Hole

No comments:

Post a Comment