Tuesday 10 February 2015

Preparing to move



Here I am Rune
Distance 0miles
Total 817 Locks 39 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1237.9miles

We have decided that tomorrow (Wednesday) will definitely be the day for moving on. Weather forecast is (sort of) OK, I’ve checked the canal as far as Gorsty Tunnel and the only ice is a very thin skin about 500 yards along the canal from where we are and shouldn’t  take any real pushing through. In preparation we have fuelled up (120 litres for £62.40) and stocked up with shopping. The target for the day will be Parkhead basin which is the southern end of Dudley tunnel, so even though we are probably too high to actually get through Dudley tunnel, we will have seen both ends of it.

As I said yesterday I am quite keen for moving on since, whilst Hawne Basin is a pleasant location, I would like a change of scenery. I would also like to get some movement for the fuel that we have burnt! So tomorrow it will be pay for the mooring here and then on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment