Friday 12 December 2014

Dudley Port



Here I am Rune
Distance 1.2 miles
Total 777 Locks 28 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1164. miles

As planned we are back at Dudley Port tonight and probably now until Sunday night/Monday morning. It is fairly convenient from here to the supermarket (Tesco’s) and seems a fairly peaceful mooring. I will need to try to find somewhere to source some coal for the fire tomorrow, we are not yet desperate but I would like to get hold of some before we are since it is becoming quite chilly out (but comfortably snug in the boat). When we move on it may be down to the New Main Line and then through Netherton Tunnel to the Dudley Canals and to refuel at Hawne Basin. Once again we are not desperate for fuel but I’d like to get some before we are. I’ll be interested to see what the price of red diesel will be since looking at the pump price for diesel I can’t remember the last time I saw it so low (£1:18.9p per litre at the Tesco filling station).

No comments:

Post a Comment