Friday 9 October 2015

Watford



Here I am Rune
Distance 12 miles
Total 1501 Locks 75 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2150.9miles

Today the weather stayed as it was forecast and remained sunny with little wind which made the trip from Welford to Watford a very pleasant autumn experience. I’m not normally a fan of autumn with everything dying off and the night’s drawing in but when it is warm and sunny I would make an exception.

The ‘highlight’ of the day was the passage through Crick Tunnel, being an odd sort I quite like tunnels since they are something a  bit different and a little bit more challenging. Crick is a good tunnel however since it is pretty straight and keeping the boat on line is relatively easy. Tomorrow we go through Braunston Tunnel which seems wo have been built without the use of a ruler if I remember my last passage through there!

No comments:

Post a Comment