Thursday 15 October 2015

Brinklow



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.6 miles
Total 1517 Locks 77 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2175.2miles

Today’s trip was just a gentle wander up as far as Stretton Stop to wind the boat and then head back towards Rugby to do the weekend shop tomorrow. Since we aren’t in any particular hurry we got back as far as Brinklow and decided that was probably far enough since the engine is in need of a service so I spent the latter half of the afternoon carrying out the oil change and other checks.

At Stretton Stop the winding hole is by Rose Boats ,a hire company, and since it had been a quiet cruise to get there it was a bit of a surprise when the world and his wife arrived as I was turning the boat around. Having only passed a couple of boats all morning I then found 4 boats coming up behind me as I turned. The manoeuvre went OK (unusually when there is an audience) but whilst waiting for all the boats to pass by I noticed that Rose Boats had Stoveglow coal in stock at a reasonable £10 per 25Kg bag so we then stopped off and loaded up with a couple of bags. 

Interestingly one of the boats passing through on their way to Wheaton Aston was another blogging boat that I’ve followed for a while, http://noproblem.org.uk/blog/  I popped across and thanked her for her advice regarding the pallets that we are burning on an earlier blog.

So tomorrow, with a freshly serviced boat, it’ll be back to Rugby.

No comments:

Post a Comment