Saturday 3 October 2015

Market Harborough



Here I am Rune
Distance 10.1 miles
Total 1491 Locks 73 Tunnels
Running total mileage 2125.9miles 

Today was one of those days when we originally intended to do only a short distance but then with a change of mind doubled it. The original plan was to go as far as Foxton and spend a day or so there but once under way we decided to go the whole hog and go as far of Market Harborough to do the weekend shopping. Part of the plan was to watch the Rugby World Cup but once we were moored I discovered that we didn’t have enough of a signal to watch TV so I then had to wander off into the town to watch it at a local pub. The result wasn’t really what I was hoping for and, unfortunately makes the remaining pool matches a bit boring since neither Wales nor Australia will put out their best team for their match since they are both already through to the next round so will just cruise through their match, and the other matches are no longer relevant since the results wont change anything. I think the next matches I’ll be bothering to watch will be in the knock out stages.

Tomorrow I think I may well take advantage of the local sports centre to have a swimming session, moving on from here on Monday.   

No comments:

Post a Comment