Sunday 16 August 2015

Thorne (3)



Here I am Rune
Distance 0.0 miles
Total 1341 Locks 70 Tunnels
Running total mileage 1901.9 miles 

Another ‘standstill’ day again today whilst still waiting for favourable tides on the River Trent. I took the opportunity to travel around the area by bike to visit a variety of relatives, unfortunately only one of them wasn’t in a cemetery! It’s a pity that the cycle mileage doesn’t count towards the total trip mileage since I managed to rack up 25 miles making the visits.

Tomorrow will be another standstill day however I will be making a call to the Keadby Lock-keeper to book a passage through the lock on Wednesday, which will mean that we will be back on the move again on Tuesday since the tide on Wednesday will be about 10.40am so we will need to set off at 8.40am to get to West Stockwith by high water (at least I think that is how it will work!).

No comments:

Post a Comment