Tuesday 12 June 2018

Droitwich


Here I am  Rune
Distance  5.3 miles 
Total 3225 Locks  175 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4758.7 miles

I have to say that I’m becoming quite a fan of the Droitwich Barge Canal, the scenery is pleasant, the water depth is adequate, the locks work as you’d expect and the moorings, now we are here in Droitwich are very pleasant. On current experience I think I’d come here again, although it may have been slightly coloured by having good weather as well.

We still have quite a bit of time to kill before we go into the marina so we will be heading up towards Kings Norton which will involve the Tardebigge flight of 30 locks, probably the flight with the most locks in the country. The only downside is that once we’ve got to King’s Norton we’ll have to come back down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment