Saturday 6 November 2021

Hawne Basin

Here I am Rune

Distance 7.6 miles 

Total 4599 Locks  292 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,876.2 miles

And so here we are back in Hawne basin after a 390 mile cruise around the 4 Counties ring plus the Llangollen (and some extra bits of the Staffs & Worcs canal). It’s been a pleasant summer of cruising although I could have picked a better day to come back into the basin, it is always a bit tricky in here when there is a strong wind blowing, like today. My original intention was to fuel up before going back onto the mooring but the wind put paid to that, blowing me sideways onto the moored boats as I tried to manoeuvre. Eventually sorted out but went back to the mooring without the fuel, I’ll have to get some on a less windy day.

 

Not sure when we’ll go out again, possibly a trip into Birmingham before Christmas, possibly not.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment