Tuesday 30 November 2021

Birmingham City Centre

Here I am Rune

Distance 12 miles 

Total 4599 Locks  301 Tunnels

Running total mileage 6,712.2 miles

So today we set off for what will, almost certainly, be the final cruise of the year, from Hawne Basin back into Birmingham City Centre for a few days. We were going to travel yesterday but got up to find the Basin moorings frozen, I walked a bit further up the canal and, seeing that the ice was even thicker outside of the basin, delayed the trip for a day since the temperature was due to rise today, which it has done. I dressed for the cold for the trip but when we left the basin, it was in sunshine so I was starting to get pretty warm. It settled down a bit as we went through the tunnels and by the time we got to Birmingham I was glad I had dressed for the cold as the wind had picked up a little bit and the temperature had fallen again.

 

The current plan will be to stay here until Friday and then cruise back, but that will all depend upon the canals not being frozen on Friday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment