Sunday 5 May 2019

Altrincham


Here I am Rune
Distance  10.1 miles
Total 3590 Locks  223 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5228.1 miles

We didn’t get quite as far as I’d intended, but far enough to keep ourselves pretty much on schedule. I decided not to go to the original mooring since it was where we had moored last time we came along this canal and it was the first mooring we came to after we’d passed through the built up area of Sale. It occurred to  me that if we returned there and there was no mooring space available, we’d then be going into the built up area, which I’d rather avoid.

We took the opportunity as we passed a sanitary station by Lloyds Bridge at Lymm to empty the toilet cassette since such facilities are a bit few and far between on this canal, we might have missed a trick by not filling with water since the next canalside water point isn’t until after Leigh when we’ll be onto the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. We should however be in Leigh tomorrow so, having only used four days worth of water by then I think we’ll be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment