Thursday 2 May 2019

Middlewich


Here I am Rune
Distance  6.0 miles
Total 3589 Locks  220 Tunnels
Running total mileage 5196.8 miles

We have got to Middlewich as planned, however the shopping wasn’t as successful as it was hoped to be. The shop that was Tesco’s has now rebranded to ‘Jack’s’ and, although part of Tesco they sell mainly ‘Jack’s’ branded products, and that doesn’t include grapefruit juice (one of the items I was looking for). Tried the Morrisons for some bread with an equal lack of success so all I’ve bought was some bread flour (to make our own).

Looks as though we will need to press on quite early towards Anderton tomorrow since, once we get

there I’m going to need to head off into Northwich to get the shopping we failed to get today


2 comments:

  1. Should have tried lidl which is very near Morrisons, or if you stop for water at Town Wharf, there is a Tesco express just the other side of the Church from the Wharf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice, I'd forgotten about the Tesco Express by the church. I did try the Lidl though, although that didn't work out well either. With only two bottles of wine under my arm I went to what appeared to be an open checkout only to be told that "just checkout 1 is open now". Since it had someone who had clearly done their weeks shopping so I'd be in for a wait, I put the wine back on the shelf and left.

      Delete