Sunday 13 May 2018

Shenton


Here I am  Rune
Distance  8.8 miles 
Total 3089 Locks  163 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4592.2 miles

Today was a  gentle trip through the most scenic section of the Ashby Canal, generally sunny and with little wind, and ideal trip really. The only snag was when we came to moor up. I was looking at mooring somewhere near bridge 37 which my map showed as having potential mooring sites however whenever we tried we found that the canal was too shallow to get to the side. My reason for wanting to moor at that location was to be able to watch the Spanish Grand Prix on the internet so we needed a good signal and the Three coverage map showed that to be an area with a good signal. As it turned out we managed to moor at the Bosworth Battlefield Moorings which was still in the region of a good signal, so I managed to get to watch the Grand Prix.

Tomorrow we move further down the Ashby Canal probably mooring at Hinckley once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment