Sunday 25 March 2018

Ellesmere


Here I am Rune
Distance  5.8 miles 
Total 3011 Locks  159 Tunnels
Running total mileage 4429.9 miles

A gentle cruise in fine spring weather takes us as far as Ellesmere for the night. Stocked up from the Tesco store that is adjacent to the end of the Ellesmere Arm and we are ready for plodding along back towards Hurleston tomorrow.

Something that has been a fairly rare occurrence in recent months, but I found myself having to go down the weed hatch this morning to shift a piece of shirt that was fouling the propeller. It is quite a while since I’ve had to go down the weed hatch so I suppose that I cannot complain too much.

The one thing that I do look forward to now are the lighter evenings now that the clock have been put forward, 7.30pm or so before it starts getting dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment