Wednesday 21 June 2017

Dewsbury



Here I am Rune
Distance 6.8 miles
Total 2756 Locks  130 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3729.5 miles 

We have pressed on along the Calder and Hebble as far as Dewsbury, I have to say that I shan’t be sorry to see the last of these short locks since it is becoming a bit wearing holding the boat in position whilst the lock drains. By my reckoning we have about another 8 miles to do before we get onto the big locks of the Aire and Calder Navigation and my ‘worries’ are over.

Not something that you want to see as you pass across the top of a weir, directly in front of me is a wide beam boat coming out of the entrance to Murfield Cut, that I need to get into!

I'm willing to be corrected on this, but as far as I can tell, these are figs growing in Yorkshire!

The view at the end of Dewsbury Cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment