Monday 5 June 2017

Booth Green



Here I am Rune
Distance 10.1 miles
Total 2651 Locks  123 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3671.3miles 

A bit of a wet day today, the sort of day that we’d normally remain moored and do other stuff but since we are booked for a passage through Standedge Tunnel on 16th we need to keep to a bit of a schedule. At the moment we are fairly comfortably within the timescale but I’d rather sit out a few days just before we get to Standedge than sit around now and find we don’t have time to get there.

It was a day of no locks today but two swing bridges, the first one fortunately the boat in front of us operated for us and the second was permanently open, so ne real work for the crew to do. We had a brief bit of shopping to do in Macclesfield and then on to our current mooring. Since we arrived reasonably early I’ve done some of the engine service that is due, changed the oil, oil filter and air filter, I need it to be dry to change the fuel filter thought as I’ve got to shut the fuel off under the rear deck and have the hatch open to see what I’m doing so I’ll wait for a dry day to do it. 

Tomorrow’s forecast isn’t good so it is possible that we may be remaining where we are, we see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment