Sunday 18 September 2016

Kidlington



Here I am Rune
Distance 5.2miles
Total 2125 Locks  90 Tunnels
Running total mileage 3044.8 miles

So now, after nearly 6 weeks off CRT waters we are now back onto the South Oxford canal heading north. It has been a pleasant 6 weeks and I have to say that, in some respects, I’m glad we didn’t get out onto the Thames up here in Oxford back in April, as was our original intention. Had we done so we wouldn’t have come back up the Thames after our visit to the Wey and Basingstoke, we’d have just gone back down to Brentford and off the Thames there. The weather has also been a big part of the trip since it has been fabulous for our trip along the river, and things always look better in good weather.  

Today’s trip went without any incident, I’ve now (temporarily) fitted a new Battery isolation switch and all is working OK. I say temporarily because the only switch that Oxford Cruisers had available was a 100 amp one and I don’t think that is quite big enough for the domestic batteries on the boat which hold 500 Amp hours of charge. I think I’ve worked out that our most powerful piece of kit on the boat, the hoover, draws about 135amps when in use so, when I get the chance I’ll replace the isolation switch I’ve fitted with a 200 amp one which should then be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment