Sunday 20 October 2024

Tardebigge

 

Here I am Rune

Distance 5.4 miles

Total 5054 Locks  374 Tunnels

Running total mileage 7,625.60 miles

 

A bit more typical, autumnal cruising today, by which I mean rain! The forecast said the rain was supposed to finish by about 11, and as it seemed to have done, we set off. Sadly half an hour later the rain returned. I had to stop at Alvechurch as we are running out of milk and, despite the warning on another blog, managed to originally tie up alongside a nest of wasps. Soon moved on to another safer mooring, even though there was a notice on the canalside saying ‘Private Mooring’ but since it wasn’t a CRT notice I would guess that it doesn’t hold much authority. Private mooring on the non-towpath side I fully get, no so sure about such signs on the towpath side.

Pottered on to Tardebigge to use the service station before winding (will leave going down the 29 locks again for another day) which was dead easy with a favourable wind that almost turned the boat around with no effort from me. Not sure just how long we will stay here, for a historic mooring such as this (it was where Tom Rolt’s ‘Cressy’ was moored after he had travelled the system) I expected either mooring rings, mooring bollards or armco, sadly disappointed and we are moored on mooring pins, always my last choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment